Having LG dishwasher problems? There are a few common issues that may get in many units including doesn't start, takes more time to complete the cycle, small bits of food remains, noise, filming/ spots, error codes, etc. Whatever LG dishwasher issues you are experiencing, diagnose the cause, and learn how to fix it. You can use the given LG dishwasher troubleshooting information to find the reason and try the solutions.
LG Dishwasher Troubleshooting Instructions for Common Problems
Here, you can find the solutions for common LG dishwasher issues. Try them once to get the machine effectively run again.
LG dishwasher stopped working
- When you got this problem, you have to check the machine door that is completely closed and latched. Also, verify cycle has been selected. If you are not selected cycle or the door isn't closed, then your unit won't operate.
- Next, check the power supply to the unit. Assess for fuses have blown. If they were blown, reset the circuit breaker or replace it.
- Look for the water faucet that is connected and is functioning. If there is no water supplying, your dishwasher does not operate.
The washing cycle takes a long time to complete
- First, inspect that hot water is supplied through the hot water tap. Test the temperature of the water. If cold water is supplying, then the machine will take more time to make the water heat.
- Check whether the machine is connected to a hot water line or a cold water line. If need, you can swap it.
- While buying the machine, you might get a PVC hose to connect the water inlets at the back of the unit to miniature valves to the household plumbing. Ensure that the valve is turned off. The lever of the valve should be at the right angle towards the pipe.
- Remove the hose by unscrewing it. Mostly it could possible by hand, otherwise use a wrench to loosen it.
- Make sure that the threads of this attachment are not damaged. If it got damaged, replace it with a new hose. Next, attach the hot water supply line and turn ON the water valve.
Bits of food remain on dishes
- For this problem, first, see that you have selected the right cycle based on the types of dishes and washing degree and used the right quantity of detergent.
- Also, check the hot water being supplied. Make sure the hot water faucet is connected. If not, follow the above instructions to change over.
- Now, turn on the hot water tap and look for pressure or flow of water seems reduced. Low inlet water pressure may cause this issue. The normal water pressure of the dishwasher should be 20 and 120 PSI. General residential water systems are made with function at a pressure of 40 to 70 PSI. Test with a pressure gauge to know the pressure level. If it is low, consult a plumber.
- The water jet holes of the spray arms should not be blocked. If they are blocked, clean the arms to unblock these holes.
- See how the unit is loaded. Improper dish loading will reduce the effectiveness of cleaning.
The machine makes noise
- A clunk as the cover of detergent open and sounds of drainage are common. If one of these is linked to noise-related sounds, then you can consider that there is nothing wrong.
- Consistent noises will be caused by the dishwasher not being fully horizontal. Next, verify that the unit is level by using a spirit level. Otherwise, change the feet or reposition the unit until it is at the correct level.
- Poor loading of dishes can cause a nozzle arm to knock against the dishes. So, see the machine is loaded correctly.
Filming and spots on dishes
- For these types of dishwasher problems, you have to check for the rinse aid dispenser is not empty. Fill it. Add liquid rinse aid to the maximum level in the tray. Finally, verify the correct amount of detergent is used as per the owner's instructions.
- Inspect, dishes are loaded properly.
- The low temperature of the water can be the issue. The right amount of temperature is 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Low inlet water pressure may be the problem. So, you should follow the above-mentioned points to resolve this issue. If you are in a hard water area, install a home water softener for better results. Moreover, extremely hot water also caused the filming on dishes.
This problem will occur when you use excessive detergent and soft water. So, use less amount of detergent. Under load, dishwasher allows more effective rinsing. Also, you should use a maximum level of rinse aid.
Gray or black marks on dishes
- When aluminum items rubbing the dishes during a cycle, these marks occurred. So, you can remove these black or gray marks with a mild cleaner.
- While loading the dishwasher, better to place all aluminum items in one place where plenty of space around them. If possible, wash them separately.
LG dishwasher error codes
- IE error messages will occur with the water inlet trouble. See water inlet hose for clogging, freezing, or hose twist.
- OE error messages indicate that the problem with drainage so that check for filters that are not blocked.
However, you can refer to the manufacturer's website or manual for LG dishwater error message troubleshooting. Otherwise, contact a repair person for complex services.
Whichever problem you are getting such as LG dishwasher control board problem, doors not closed, hot water connection, and error codes, first, try yourself to fix the issue. If you troubleshoot yourself without calling a serviceman, you can save money and time. Thank you for reading this LG dishwasher troubleshooting blog. Visit again!
About the Author