Do you have Amana dishwasher problems? You can find solutions for common problems such as dishwasher not working, cleaning problems, dishes not drying, leakages and issues with door, detergent/ rinse aid dispenser. Check out the Amana dishwasher troubleshooting tips here and try yourself without the need for an appliance repair technician.
Amana Dishwasher Troubleshooting Guide
In this post, you can see tips to fix your Amana dishwasher issues.
Amana Dishwasher Won’t Start Cycle
- Circuit breaker tripped or fuse has blown - You need to check and replace the blown fuse or reset the tripped circuit breaker.
- The cycle might be set incorrectly - You must verify the operating instructions. Ensure that the delay start option is not selected.
- Verify the door - Your dishwasher door must be closed securely and tightened.
- Inadequate water supply - See if the water supply is turned on. Moreover, the water pressure is between 20 and 120 PSI.
Shop for OEM and High-Quality Amana Dishwasher Parts!
Food Particles Left on Dishes
- The wrong cycle selected - Verify the cycle which you have selected on your dishwasher before starting the process.
- Dishes might be arranged incorrectly - Avoid nesting things. You should allow enough space for water to reach all areas.
- Low water pressure - The water pressure should be between 20-120 PSI.
- Low water temperature - You need to check the temperature of the water and it needs to be at least 120 degrees F.
- Hard water - Increase the detergent quantity depends on water hardness. Install a water softener.
- Spray arms not rotating - Make sure no dishes or utensils are protruding from the utensil basket.
- No rinse aid - You have to fill the rinse aid container.
- Poor detergent - You should use fresh detergent. Try to increase the phosphate level if possible.
Amana Dishwasher Not Drying Dishes
- No rinse aid or rinse aid level is too low - You need to fill the rinse aid container or increase the amount of dispensing.
- Low water temperature - Make sure the water temperature needs to be at least 49 degrees centigrade or 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The heated dry option might be in off mode - Check and ON the heated dry feature.
PartsIPS Offers Amana Replacement Parts – Order Online.
You may get this problem because of poor loading in your dishwasher. So, you need to load the dishes with care and should not be overloaded. Avoid nesting. You should not arrange the glass items in the top rack of the unit. Make sure tall glasses and stemware will clear the top of tub when the rack is pushed in. Fine antique and crystal items should not be hand washed.
You could be used hand washing dish soap or detergent. Make sure to use the detergent that is designed for automatic dishwashers.
Try to add 1/4 cup vegetable oil to your Amana dishwasher when it fills with water. This oil helps to reduce the amount of sudsing.
- Large quantity of detergent used - You need to decrease the usage of detergent quantity per wash cycle.
- Too hot temperature of the water - If the temperature of the water is too hot, you have to lower it.
- Drying too harsh - It's better to use the air-dry option.
Detergent Left in Cups or Dishes
- You might be used old detergent. Use the fresh detergent in the wash cycle.
- Water supply is blocked - Ensure the water needs to be reached dispenser. Make sure items placed in the dishwasher do not prevent the detergent dispenser from opening.
- The cycle might be incompleted - Allow the cycle to complete.
Get Amana Parts for your Dishwasher – Low Cost & Fast Shipping!
Leakages from Dishwasher
Water dripping from the door.
If the Amana dishwasher is not level, it can cause to water dripping from the door. If this is not the cause, usage of too much detergent or the wrong kind of detergent might be caused dishwasher leakages.
Rinse aid - Spillage can cause foam and lead to overflowing. So, you need to wipe up any spills with a damp cloth. Check if the tub is cracked. If so, you need to replace it.
Water dripping from underneath.
It may be because of problems with the water supply line or drain line. Be sure that the water line from the household water supply line is not cracked or damaged. To inspect this, use a flat blade screwdriver to turn the plastic fasteners on the lower rack panel and remove it. Now, you can see the water hookup in the front left corner of the unit. Verify the water connections and tighten them as needed.
Amana Dishwasher Not Draining
- Food waste disposal is clogged - Make sure this food waste disposal is empty before running the machine.
- Knockout plug - Check to see if the knockout plug has been removed from inside the disposal inlet. To get this, you can refer to the installation instructions.
- Drain hose removed from the side of unit - You have to verify that the drain hose has not been removed.
- Drain hose higher than antisiphon loop - Check that the extra drain hose does not travel higher than the mandatory loop. Do not remove loop from the dishwasher.
- Kinked drain hose - The drain hose should be straight.
Amana Dishwasher Won’t Fill
- Check that the water supply to the machine is turned on.
- Verify the water pressure. It should be between 20 to 120 PSI.
- Overfill protector could be blocked. This protector should move up and down freely.
Black or Gray Marks
When aluminum items rub against other dishes, black or gray marks will be created. So, you should take care while loading silverware that doesn't touch other dishes. You can remove the aluminum marks with a mild abrasive cleaner. You can buy appliance cleaner at PartsIPS.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to put Amana dishwasher in diagnostic mode?
- Turn your Amana dishwasher ON.
- Press the rinse cycle button.
- Turn off the dishwasher.
- Press and hold the start button while you turn the machine back to ON.
- When the light begins flashing immediately let go of the start key.
Why is my Amana dishwasher not spraying water?
If the filter and pump are clogged, spray arms are blocked, or the overfill float switch has malfunctioned, your dishwasher will not spray the water. Moreover, there may be water valve issues or inadequate pressure.
How do I clean the filter on my Amana dishwasher?
- Turn the upper filter assembly quarter-turn counterclockwise and lift out.
- Pick the lower filter in the circular opening, lift slightly and pull forward to remove it.
- Rinse the machine filter under running water until most particles or soils are removed. Use a soft brush, if there are soils that are hard to remove or calcium deposits from hard water.
Hope this Amana dishwasher troubleshooting guide helped you for fixing the basic problems quickly and easily. Still, if you have any problems with your machine either refer to the Amana dishwasher manual or contact a professional.