Is your refrigerator not cooling? This step-by-step guide will show you how to identify what is wrong and how to fix it. Also, know the most common reasons for your fridge cooling issues.
Therefore, no need to waste your time and proceed for refrigerator troubleshooting with our guidance. Any of these solutions can help you to get back your appliance operate again.
Refrigerator Not Cooling: Common Problems and Solutions
Sometimes there is no major problem that causes you to stop your fridge working. Basic functionalities may stop working. So, you must know about how your unit working and its basic functionalities.
However, fix your unit problem yourself easily and save money from unnecessary services of a technician.
a)The fridge isn't plugged in or not getting power
It might sound so simple but many people are quick to conclude without checking whether power is coming or not to the appliance. A loose connection or flipped circuit breaker will cause to entire system down.
If the light glows when you open the door, note that still it has power. If the light doesn't come ON, you make sure that the power cord is plugged in correctly and check once. Still, no current, then verify your main electrical panel or a flipped breaker.
You need to look at whether the fridge's thermostat is set to the correct temperature or not. The optimal temperature range for the refrigerator is from 35 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit. It will keep your foods safe within this temperature range.
Sometimes thermostat dials may be changed by fingers or if leans against the control panel unknowingly from the set temperature.
Nowadays, digital panels in fridges come with the settings of the ability to lock. If required, you can reset the temperature to the safe zone. Usually, the thermostat is located on the backside by side units. while others have under the appliance.
If you don't want to use an older or existing thermostat, consider purchasing a new thermostat for your refrigerator. Low-cost thermostats are available at PartsIPS.
Haier Refrigerator Temperature Cold Control THERMOSTAT
a) Product Features:
- Haier thermostat controls your refrigerator temperature perfectly and securely.
- This RF-7350-123 thermostat fits with various Haier brand models perfectly.
- It can mounted properly on any of the refrigerator surfaces without any problem.
- Item has more durability in working point of view and easy to use in the fridge.
- It was made to replace with RF-7350-52, RF-7350-52 models.
- Thermostat RF-7350-123 has lightweight i.e., 2.88 ounces and robust design.
- The product dimensions are 3 x 4 x 1 inch and simple to replace on your fridge.
- We offer this reliable thermostat at an affordable price and same-day shipping.
, Manufacturer-Haier, Part Type-Thermostat
c)Check the seals/gaskets on your fridge doors
If your fridge's light doesn't OFF when you close the door, the gasket or seal might not be working properly. A gasket is the flexible elastic strip around the edges of the door that is designed to seal the doors closed, leak humid, or air into your refrigerator.
Even the rest of your unit is working fine, seals are defective and cool air could be escaped from the inside of the fridge. If there is a need of replacing the gasket, check the best brand, and buy. You can get it from our online store also.
GE Hotpoint Sears Kenmore Refrigerator French Door Gasket Seal With Flap
a) Product Features:
- Refrigerator door gasket gives perfect airtight seal around cabinet on the door.
- This is compatible with GE, Hotpoint, Kenmore, RCA manufacture.
- This door gasket seal WR14X10238 replaces WR14X10233 and others.
- One of the genuine replacement parts that give you 100% satisfied output.
- The item is available in white color so that it will suit almost all refrigerators.
- Available in perfect dimensions 20.5 x 19 x 3.25 inches and 1.7 pounds.
- This fridge gasket is an authorized original equipment manufacturer part.
- It has flexible elastic strip, made with long-lasting durable material.
Manufacturer-GE,Part Type-Gasket Seal.
d)The cold air doesn't circulate
If boxes of your food will cause to block the vents, then cold air may obstruct from circulating throughout your appliance. So, check to prevent the air blocking from your food items.
e)Clean the Condenser Coils
Make sure to vacuum the coils. Clogged coils can be caused by poor cooling. Your refrigerator condenser coils are filled with the refrigerant. Over time, they become dust which decreases their ability to keep the air cool in the unit.
Hence, you should clean them in a while, it is a relatively easy process. Just, you require a condenser brush and a vacuum for cleaning.
Vacuum Attachment Refrigerator Condenser Coil Cleaning Tool
a) Product Features:
- This tool works great for cleaning the condenser coils under the refrigerator.
- You can use this coil cleaning tool to clean inside of dryers or heater vents.
- It can be replaced with model numbers of 8171579, 8171579, W10830844.
- Easy to remove dust and other airborne particles on your fridge condenser coils.
- You can extend the life of your refrigerator working with the usage of this tool.
- Gives proper performance and reliable OEM part. Clean hard areas also simply.
- You don't need any experience to use this cleaning tool for cleaning.
- Designed specifically for your appliance. Low cost and 30-day return policy.
Manufacturer-Whirlpool,Part Type-Cleaning Tool.
Some of the Refrigerator Troubleshooting Tips
Here, you can see the importance of a few components and know-how to fix the problem if any they got.
a)Condenser Fan Motor
If the condenser fan is not working properly, then the fridge doesn't cool properly. To decide whether the fan motor is faulty, the first search for obstructions on the fan blade. After that, try to turn it’s blade manually.
If the blade does not spin freely, you have to replace the condenser fan motor. Otherwise, test it with the multimeter for stability when there are no defectives. Replace the condenser fan motor when the blade does not spin freely.
Whirlpool - Sears Kenmore - KitchenAid - Roper Appliance Refrigerator Condenser Fan Motor
a) Product Features:
- Condenser fan motor W10822259 replaces 4387244, 2166191, 2176336.
- Also, part replaces 2183437, 2188534, and 2188537 model numbers.
- It fits all most all Whirlpool refrigerator models. Easy to install.
- This item compatible with Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana.
- Moreover compatible with Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, Roper, other brands.
- The motor was manufactured exactly to fit all most top brand refrigerators.
- It is a 2 watt and 115V fan motor so that runs efficiently and perfectly.
- Your receiving pack includes 3-wire connector block. So,you can save money.
Manufacturer-Whirlpool,Part Type-Condenser Fan Motor.
b)Evaporator Fan Motor
The evaporator fan motor draws air over the cooling coils and circulates it throughout the refrigerator compartments. Some units have one evaporator fan motor and some others have more than one.
If you feel your refrigerator is not cooling due to this component failure, you can check it with turning by hand as mentioned in the above condenser fan motor. Additionally, you can replace it when it makes noise. Finally, test motor windings with a multimeter. When windings don't have continuity, replace it with a new one.
If there are no obstructions, and the fan blade spins freely, using a multimeter to verify the stability of the fan motor. If there is no continuity in that, then replace it. Therefore, sort your required item from our PartsIPS refrigerator parts list and get it.
Whirlpool Jenn-Air KitchenAid-Maytag-Roper Admiral Sears Kenmore Norge Magic Chef Amana Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor
a) Product Features:
- Evaporator fan motor W10822580 circulates air efficiently in your fridge.
- This motor is one of the Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts.
- It replaces model numbers of 2259385, W10255195, and W10255195.
- Whirlpool W10822580 Evaporator Fan Motor will operate efficiently.
- It was made up of strong and rough material that gives extra durability.
- You can get the item at a very low price when compared to other competitors.
- Same-day shipping and quick delivery available for all our appliance parts.
- This Whirlpool motor is compatible with other top brands also like Maytag.
Manufacturer-Whirlpool,Part Type-Evaporator Fan Motor.
The compressor will compress and push the vapor into the coils outside of the fridge. This will create heat, forming warm gas that later cools and absorbs heat from the unit. If the freezer fan is still cooling, but the fridge is not getting cold, then it is a sign of compressor start relay could be bad.
If it is damaged, purchase a new one from PartsIPS and replace it. The compressor replacing and installing process is quick and much easier. While replacing, first you need to safely disconnect it from the suction line and discharge line. After that, attach a new item.
If it's difficult to diagnose the problem or replacing mechanical components, you can call a professional expert to handle it. While replacing some of the refrigerator parts are too tough so that you take care of them.
a) Product Features:
- Genuine OEM part and compatible with Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, Amana.
- This part compatible with KitchenAid and Kenmore Elite brands also.
- W10233961 compresses the refrigerant in the sealed system of a refrigerator.
- This part is well fit for many manufacturer brands. Easy installation process.
- Whirlpool compressor W10233961 has less weight of 4.54 grams.
- Compressor W10233961 has flexible dimensions of 32.4 x 21.6 x 21.6 cm.
- Reliable and original equipment manufacturer parts will be delivered to you.
- It will work efficiently and provide you 100% reliable output to your fridge.
That’s a guide about the refrigerator not cooling: how to fix the problem yourself. This process is almost the same for all brands like Whirlpool refrigerator troubleshooting. So, you can take it as a reference for your fridge, not cooling problems. Still, if you have any queries related to your refrigerator not cooling, leave a comment in the comment box below.